Buckner is a city in Jackson County, Missouri, United States. The population was 3,076 at the 2010 census. For decades it was best known for TV and radio commercials promoting Lasater Ford, run by the Lasater brothers, Wilson and Milton.
Buckner was established in 1875. In its inception Buckner was a railroad depot town for the Missouri Pacific Railroad. Where Buckner derives its name from is a point of contention; the town is either named from former US Senator Alexander Buckner (1830-1833) who served on the States Constitutional Convention in 1820, or named after Real Estate operator Simon Buckner. Yet another claim as namesake is Thomas W. Buckner, an original owner of the site.